'Dir' with that X factor!
Power user's directory listings in almost any format.
Astonishing set of features!
Full unix-like file-name matching.
Generate and execute batch scripts directly from the output.
Select files older than 'x' days or using almost any other criteria such as empty folders.
Search for duplicates using SHA1 or CRC32 digests.
List all files on your drive to track down those space-hungry folders.
Move/copy files to a new date-stamped archive folder.
Wildcard file renaming.
Execute the output as a batch script automagically. Even call XDir from within the script.
Sort output on any file attribute.
Too many features to list here.
I am still finding new uses for this tool myself!
» version 1.3.0 - posted on 2006-03-20
EULA - End User License Agreement
XShareware hereby gives you a non-exclusive license to use the software XDir (the Software).
For evaluation and private use, the license is granted.
For commercial use you must pay a license fee, by following instructions in the documentation.
- use the Software on any single computer;
- use the Software on a second computer so long as the primary user of each copy is the same person and more than one copy is not in use simultaneously;
- distribute the software freely to any party, so long as any supplied key is NOT distributed;
- copy the Software for archival purposes, provided any copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices.
You may not:
- permit other individuals to use the Software except under the terms listed above;
- modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction),
- create derivative works based on the Software;
- copy the Software (except as specified above);
- rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software;
- remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software.
The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described above. On termination, you must destroy all copies of the Software and Documentation.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
The Software is provided on an AS IS basis, without warranty of any kind, including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
The entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by you.
Should the Software prove defective, you and not XShareware assume the entire cost of any service and repair.
XShareware IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES.
Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software shall remain in XShareware. The Software is protected by international copyright treaties.